Online Retreat

Need some space while discovering life and making decisions.

Monday, October 24, 2005

My dream job - backing vocalist

Wattie had a show this afternoon at Harbour City and he needed 2 backing vocalists. Asked me for help but I turned it down. However much interested I am in doing this I cannot overcome the sense of guilt of having devoted too much time on things that are detrimental to my academic life and future career. The sacrifice has tipped off the balance a bit.

So I referred Wattie to Jan, my Darling. She's the best.

They scheduled a rehearsal before the performance. That was 10pm last night. I couldln't resist joining them because it has been a very long time since I last sang with Darling.


Wattie thought it was going to be a long night. First we had to learn his two songs and then he would, at least he thought, tell us what notes we should sing.


It took us a moment to learn his solo lines. But in 10 minutes Jan was able to sing him harmonies. I wasn't supposed to sing but I could no longer hold it and I jammed in. It was a very satisfying moment!! There's no urge for me to yell "stop" in the middle of the singing, the voices blended together, the harmonies were fine, the dynamics were good~ Everything was just perfect!! I hadn't produced such smooth harmonies for a long time!!! No perfect singing can go without backing vocals. Even if you're Whitney Houston or other great singers, the music itself is simply not enough. Well that's my view! =P


It would be great if we could get together sometime to make music. My dream job is to be a backing vocalist. I don't think i can do that in the near future though. I also have an extravagant wish but if there's something in my life that I have to do before I die, I would set up a group of my own. A vocal harmony based music group, where we make music, where we make ourselves and others fall in love with our music. But looks like I have to keep dreaming.


Darling you're the best~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home