Online Retreat

Need some space while discovering life and making decisions.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Back to school - day 1

It's the start of the school year. Day 1, I skipped the ceremony like everyone else had done for the past 3 years, i skipped the welcome reception and went back for Intoduction to PCLL and a 2-hour ice-breaking small group session.

Rayson Huang Theatre was almost full. PCLL is such a large "class". All of a sudden this pressure of feeling incompetent came back. I've been feeling like crap for the past 3 years at school. This annoying feeling is going to stay with me for some years unless I do something to change it.

Had lunch with LLb friends, it was an unusual group, consisting of about 3 subgroups? We all know each other but we're not that close and we don't normally gather. Still it was an enjoyable afternoon. I tried to talk to everyone at the table. Actually I think it's only a matter of manner to do so. I just received a comment from a friend, who is older and more mature, that I seem to be rather reserved. As a matter of fact I am, and I have been improving. This big group lunch is one part of the training? =)

After lunch, we had a 2-hour secondary-school-like getting-to know-each-ther session. I take it that ice-breaking was one aim and the other is to illustrate to us how important it is for the courses to come to be able to give constructive feedback to each other. HKU LLB graduates don't form more than one third of the PCLL course (of about 300) and I'm glad that i know a few people in my class. Got a chance to chat with the elder Chain brother should be ok friendly. I would feel less comfortable if it's the younger brother....tho I don't think it actually matters much~ -_-! There's another person I know who's in my class. This is not particularly bad news but it might have been better if this didn't happen. What she did scared me and I will continue my stance cos' no matter how enthusiastic she's been trying to reopen communication, there's nothing she has done or will ever be able to do to show that she's anything other than dangerous.

By the way I somehow volunteered to be a class rep. I had told myself to stop picking up duties shit~ it wouldn't be a demanding job but still it's some kind of responsibility~ I dont' know why I took it. May be I just can't stand the waiting-for-volunteer silence~

Anyway I went for photo-shooting for the student card wth Ming Chiu after class. Met the chain brothers and a couple of LLB students. Ming Chiu, I thought he was rather cool but he seems to be more easily approachable than I expected. The crowd chatted and I inevitably felt slightly overwhelmed by the 3 "scholar"s' presence~ai~ Can't get rid of law firm names through the conversation~ > _ < !!!

I'm busy enough. Why do I miss him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home