Online Retreat

Need some space while discovering life and making decisions.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

15/2

"The first law of modern life is that everything is as impermanent as an image on a screen and the only form of continuity is change." - Pico Lyer (Time, Feb 20, 2006)


From the perspective of a loveless and jobless pessimist who's fixed with a persistently gloomy vision and a heart full of cynicism, Valentine's day is a time when most people reap hollow their emotional life and reinforce their incapacity for romance by being extravagant on set menus, decorating wrapping papers with flowers, abusing to a very disgusting extent the use of red and pink colours such that you wish you were colour blind, and, wasting away fortunes previously spent on weight-loss programmes by furiously consuming chocolates.

(I was disappointed at myself for having declared, affirm and assured myself that I was fine being forever single.)

Truthfully, after all the hype on 14/2, what happens now on 15/2?

What I'd done yesterday.......
It doesn't take a prophet to predict that I'll be yet again single and without a date yesterday. So I invited some of my highschool single friends back home and cooked them a dinner. The first time I did it.

Had only started to plan the menu after school on the bus. Since there were only 5 people, I don't really have to prepare much (or so i thought!) . The first item that popped up my mind was sushi and sashimi, great food to show off your cooking cos' they need none. The Campell's canned soup with milk. Yay and then angel hair with ready-made mushroom cream sauce. So these are the easy things.

What I'd made was a japanese style salad invented by myself (thereby making my friends white mice), garlic onion beef rolls and champaign jelly served with ice-cream.

Went to the supermarket in Sogo, Citysuper and only found out that what I'd bought could all be found in Wellcome. Brilliant.

Anyway I was back home around 615pm. Prepared the food in a hurry, lucky they came at around 830pm so I finished cooking just in time! They were happy with the food, particularly the salad and the jelly~ Haha I used all wine and no water for the jelly and we all ended up drunk so we had to drink A LOT OF TEA. HAhahahahaha!

Played a silly game the four of us, oh by the way, they were Kiwi, Chitsum, Brian Yuen and I. And then we chatted till 1230. Nice night.

After that did phone counselling for a friend who's somehow scared about being admired. Ai~

Felt really good that we had an excuse of coming together and having a warm dinner at home =) a very good Valentine's day indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home