Confession.
I am starting work the day after tomorrow and I can't help feeling like The Day After Tomorrow. I should be excited and energized for my new life but I am NOT.
I have never felt so bad in rejecting a person. I cannot discern if it is guilt or something else. Here's what I do know:
- I feel guilty in rejecting him and hurting him.
- I feel guilty in rejecting him without a very clear explanation.
- I feel guilty in disappointing 2 families.
- I feel guilty in having kept 3 families in suspense.
- I feel guilty in not giving him a "never" answer so that he may linger on (althought it's his choice if he wishes to do so and no one can change that...)
- I feel that I don't like him enough to go into a relationship at the moment.
- I feel guilty for not revealing (and I really can't) one reason of rejection to him.
- I do like his being nice to me.
- I do like him a lot as a friend.
- I do think that we could have gone out, had he come from a different family.
- I don't know if i'm scared of relationship or if it's just the person...
- I do feel silly for taking this risk for a person with so much uncertainty and sacrificing such a good natured and true and honest candidate.
- I feel absolutely silly for being affected by so many other people but I surrender to this practical reality that this situation involves not just 2 persons.
- Now that I think about it, probably M is the backup, not A. Or A is just backup in relation to one other person.
I feel BAAAAAAAD but if I am to be nice to him, I shouldn't let him know how bad I'm feeling. I just never knew it could disturb me so much to reject someone....I did it once and I felt very bad...but at least back then I knew it was the right thing to do. This time I'm a bit clueless.


4 Comments:
At 12:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
sorry, didnt hear your update last nite... dun hv to feel guilty ge... i mean, dun hv to feel guilty disappointing the families. and dun find any back up la... sigh...back up is not a good thing.
At 11:04 AM,
Anonymous said…
TY
I really wish u all the best in your trainee years...we're heading towards another step of life..which, i think won't be less tough than LLB ...
can't believe that it's already 4 years..last week i went back to return my locker key and clear things out..and while i walked near the MB, KKL, KB, i feel a bit nostalgic...hahaha
best wishes to uuuuu~~
At 9:39 PM,
Joe Gillis said…
please accept my deepest apology...
i feel guilty too...
At 1:04 PM,
Anonymous said…
hey, hows work?
Post a Comment
<< Home