It's a matter of style....
I don't remember when I last wrote a diary entry seriously. I simply don't have the energy or the patience. I throw out disorganised observations and incoherent thoughts for record. That's it. And I don't know what this record is for.
I'm afraid I've lost my writing skills, the already very limited writing skills I used to possess. My writings got notably and progressively worse over the past month while as I was translating witness statements from colloquial cantonese LITERALLY to English and drafting letters for bosses.
One boss, with greatest respect, has a rather weird writing style. I refuse to mark my name on the letters which are in fact corrected by him (but I don't have a choice) This boss also gives me a lot of papers to do. View it in a positive way, he's giving me opportunities to learn. View it in a practical and realistic way, well I'm sure you know. Well good and bad. And being me, I focus on the bad and try to distract myself with the good side. I'll just have to learn my way through while I navigate the way to completing his assignments by reading every other file other people are doing. Oh there is one other good thing about this boss. It is that I don't feel too stressful with him, unlike my principal.
My principal, is what I consider to be a typical graduate from the first secondary school I went to - a Paulinian. With due respect, again, my principal is a good teacher and a nice person. It is only tragic for me that she seems to bear the qualities of a Paulinian which trigered my transfer to my second secondary school. Such painful memories, of rigid, narrow-minded, hierarchical and over-demanding women who like things to be done their way and their way only and who habbitually speaks with a tone which essentially means: You're Wrong (and I'm right).
To do my principal justice, she's not that horrible. It just that she reminds me of the haunting memories that that school gave me. And honestly, I find her requirements good for my learning. It's only her tone which i sometimes feel stressed about.
As to writing styles, everyone likes things to be written in their own styles. Yes. It is a matter of style. If you could excuse me my readers, HOW the FUCK do I know what style appeals to you my dear bosses? If you don't like it, correct it and I'll type it out the exact way you want it to be. Your comments would be greatly appreciated but I'll be annoyed if you start criticizing my styles. I try my best to suit yours by reference to your previous letters, however weird I may find them to be. And very often I didn't draft them.
Yup so that's it.
Life's like that get on with it I say to myself. Wait till one day I become the boss, and I'll remember to be nicer than they are now. Yep there's always something to learn.
Yea invited to join swimming sessions with another boss. Been wanting to resume swimming for ages. Hope I can keep my voice fit too by swimming. My vocal cords/throat is getting more sensitive and vulnerable these days. They are now allergic to polluted air in cwb while back then only cigarette smoke could do the same effect. =(
_________________________________________________________________
Bought Aguilera's Back to Basics. Good one.
Want to train my oice again.
I've been trying to find this book The Art of Negotiation by Gerald I. Nierenburg. It's not in Page One and it's not in Commercial Press. Anyone knows where I might be able to find this book?
Er....and i'm absolutely clueless about whoami.


1 Comments:
At 12:59 AM,
h2ody said…
I guess traineeship is not the time to hope for using personal writing styles at work. Yet I would rather bosses give me drafting tasks that need me to think and write, instead of giving me those template filling type of job. It makes me feel like a machine.
Post a Comment
<< Home