Online Retreat

Need some space while discovering life and making decisions.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Music, is not my life.

Went to the Brazilian Dreams concert. There was a jazz band and they played jazz mix samba music. Absolutely my favourite!!!! Then there was this 4-member multi-talent vocal group New York Voices who sang with perfect harmonies and blending. I went to the concert with Jehan, a new friend from the states who also sang acappella. He has a beautiful tenor voice. Enjoyable night. I feel sorry for muffinman who couldn't make it hahahahahahahah!

Rehearsed twice for the performance with Wattie. His mixing equipment is pretty professional! A song before and after mixing is totally different. Wish I had that skill and the equipment, (seriously need a strong R&B bass for the first song...) but CS reminded me just in time, LAW is what i should focus on. Yes couldn't agree more. Not long ago I discovered there's such a thing as "ambition" inside me. It came well out of time, but nothing comes too late I guess. I believe that if I'd spent the same amount of time, effort and attention to law as I'd spent (have been spending...-_-!) on music, I would have done better. (probably not way better tho....i'm not that smart really...) And I do trust that if I focus totally on my training (BUGGER THAT'S IF I DO FIND ONE!) I would perform well too. Yes i'm just waiting for an opportunity.

Back to music ha. Sorry.
Finished the first song I wrote. If i'm lucky enough I'll have english lyrics for it from a great poet, and the chinese lyrics from my Darling. SinceDarling is such an artist, time is never of the essence. It's not like i'm rushing the music for a production though, so no hurry. I started a second song last night, couldn't help idling and wasting time. This one is faster and also in minor key. I doubt if i can ever write anything in major.

Everyone has different talents, and life is too short to focus on just one. (As such, to boost my ego and false sense of achievement, I have separated singing and composing into two different types of talent. Hahahahahahaha wicked!) Once a get a job I'll plan an intensive course on salsa. (and trading)
I realised that there a too many things about life which I should have learnt but haven't. At times I do feel that I'm deprived in emotional education but I'm ashamed to have felt that way. I know millions of people would dream to have a life like mine. I'm 23 but the my life has been so comfortable and simplistic that I hardly have the exposure and experience which I should have for a 23-year old. Can't help feeling that it's a hindrance to any form of art that I plan to engage in (same for my career la...) I need more "生活體驗".

PS. I finally have an mp3, yes mp3 you heard me right those of you who are using Ipods. I admit that I'm from the stone age. I never requested for one and one of the reasons (apart from gadget phobia) is that I tend to think it's safer to stay alert to sounds of the surroundings when I walk in the streets haha~ actually not only safer but also certain sounds are more thought-provoking and it'd be a pitty to have blocked them out with my earphones. (but the fact is i drift into my own daydreaming/mo liu thoughts too easily so I seldom pay much attention to the surrounding evironment with or without the mp3....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home